Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bernie's 90th Birthday Party


This past weekend we headed up to Yukon, Oklahoma to celebrate Nelson's Grandmother Bernie's 90th Birthday!  It meant so much for us to be able to put on a big party for her!  She loved every minute of it! There were so many people there, relatives we have never even met before, it was a great time!  And of course, the boys (Will, Logan, Ajay, and Easton) had a BLAST playing together!

Nelson, Logan, and Will were in charge of directing cars and guests into the back yard for the party.  They were the official pary welcome wagon!  Will and Logan had a blast riding in the golf cart, and I think Nelson had fun too!



Of course Ajay was just dying to ride too, so we had the "welcome wagon" full at all times!




Will and Logan were just too cute!  They got together and schemed all day! One of their little tasks was to go up and sing Happy Birthday to Bernie!  They did a GREAT job and I think Bernie really enjoyed it!





Those two boys played all day!  They were going nonstop!  And hmmm, looks like here they were even trying to get their cousing Traci to join in on their plans!



Since it is a rare treat to get all of us together in one house at the same time, we took advantage of it and took a big family picture!  I am sooo glad to get another one of these with the two little boys added in (and a few dogs snuck in the picture too)!!




I also got to sneak in a picture of Bernie with her two grandsons and her four great grandsons!  This is a GREAT picture and I just can't wait to get it framed!  It will mean so much to the boys when they get a little older!



 It was a great day!  Everyone was exhausted afterward, but a wonderful day and we feel so blessed to be able to be a part of Bernie's 90 years here with us!  What a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had fun! I love the pic of the boys with Grandma. That will definitely be special!

    ReplyDelete