Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ajay's First Birthday!

I can't believe my little baby turned ONE Year Old on Monday!! It seems like just the other day we were driving up to Kansas City to be with him in the NICU after he was born!! Time sure does fly! They grow up too fast!

Since Nelson and I both had to work all around our little guys first birthday, we decided to just have a little family birthday party after work Monday. That's what we did for Will, so we decided to do that for Ajay too!

We grilled up some K-Bob's and ate dinner together and then had cake and presents! It was very yummy and great to have the family all together!

Ajay wasn't quite sure what was going on, but sure did enjoy being the center of attention and loved the cake and all the presents!! I think he had a GREAT birthday!


Here is a picture of his Birthday cake!


We decided to eat dinner outside, so everyone pulled up a chair and got to enjoy dinner outdoors! It was a nice summer night, thank goodness, so it was a good time! My grandmother came, and she brought her sister-n-law that has been visiting with her, it was great to see Aunt Georgie again! Then we had Nelson's parents (Grandy and Grandpy), my parents (Grams and PeePaw), Ritchdie and her granddaughter Chloe, and Megan.
And so the cake eating begins! He was very delicate at first, just sticking one finger in the icing and then licking it off, then. . . he discovered what all he could do with it!


I think he definitely enjoyed his cake!


I don't think he wanted us to take the cake away from him!! It was just too much fun!!





Yep, it's official, completely covered in icing!! Now quick, get him to the bath!!



After the bath, we opened presents!! He wasn't quite into opening them yet, but he sure did enjoy the toys that were in there! There were so many choices he didn't know what to do!




I think he has enough toys to last him a while!!




He got this little phone on one of his toys and he knew exactly what to do with it! He put it right up to his ear and started saying "Hi" "bye-bye" It was just tooo cute!! Nelson said he has been learning that from his Mommy since I am always on the phone!



End of the night, bedtime, one year older!!



We had a great time!! It was a wonderful birthday! I just can't believe he is one!! My goodness, they will be in college in no time!!










1 comment: