Thursday, May 7, 2009

OKC Zoo

Will had his annual eye appointment up in Oklahoma City the other week, and I had two days off around it so I decided to pack the boys up and head up there so we could have fun and mess around before he had to go see the doctor. I always feel so bad because for forever the only time we ever got to go on "vacation", if you can call going to Cincinnati that, is when we were taking Will to see doctors. So I never wanted him to hate going on "vacations" or for him to think that every time we got into a car we had to go see doctors that "hurt him". Anyway, so every time we have to do one of his appointments, Nelson and I try to always let him do something fun, that way, hopefully he won't see every trip as medical.

Anyway, Nelson had to work, so I headed up there by myself with the boys and we stayed with my sister. She just moved into a new three bedroom duplex in Yukon, and she was getting lonely, so it worked out good for both of us!

We spent the day at the zoo. I was a little misty and chilly, but then again most anything we have done so far this year has been that way, but we had fun!

Will just had to pose on these things! We do this every time we are up there, it is neat to see how much he grows from year to year!

Ajay didn't get to "ride" the animals, but he still had a fun day looking at all of them! He is such a good baby! He just puts up with whatever we drag him too and has a smile on his face the entire time! He is just such a little sweetie!!


While we were at the zoo, this ostrich kept following us! I was kind of weird! I think it really liked Will?? Anyway, Will got a kick out of it! We also go to see a ton a little geese ducklings! The zoo was full of them and they were just free to roam everywhere, Will really loved seeing all the baby chicks!


Here is Will on the little train at the zoo, he thought this was pretty fun! He rode it 3 times over and over again! I think he is going to love Six Flags when he is old enough!



We had a blast at the zoo and then went out to eat. It was a busy day, but the boys had a blast and we were all so exhausted we were in bed by nine! The next day we were up early and ran a few errands (ok I went shopping, I know I know, I have a problem!) then we headed to Will's eye appointment (to which he passed with flying colors!) Yeah Will!! I was a good little trip and Will and Ajay love to see their Aunt Kiki and they had a blast together!


1 comment:

  1. You were so brave to go without Nelson! The zoo looks awesome in OKC and way to go Will with the good report!

    ReplyDelete